Auditions for Whose Wives Are They Anyway? by Michael Parker
David McGachen and John Baker have planned a weekend off before their new C.E.O. arrives on Monday. With their wives safely off on a shopping spree in NYC, they check into The Oakfield Golf and Country Club intending to “golf their brains out.” They unexpectedly encounter their new boss, and she insists on meeting the wives, commenting blithely “no one who went golfing for a weekend without his wife would ever work for me”. So…David and John have to produce wives. Inevitably, everything goes wrong as John and David attempt to “pull the wool” over the new boss’ eyes—literally!
Directed by: Jeffery Lesniak
- Tuesday, May 12th from 7:30PM-9:30PM
- Wednesday, May 13th from 7:30PM-9:30PM
- Callbacks, if needed, will be Friday, May 15th
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 6600 Laurel-Bowie Rd. (Route 197) in Bowie MD
- Auditioners will be asked to do cold readings from the script.
- John Baker (35-40) VP of the Ashley Maureen Cosmetics Corporation, successful business executive, alternates between the roles of himself and David’s “wife”. (Underwear and drag role). Hardworking, honest, straightforward and full of initiative.
- David McGachen (45-50) VP of the Ashley Maureen Cosmetics Corporation. Clever and cunning, a relentless schemer.
- Tina Young, pretty country club receptionist. After too much champagne has difficulty in keeping all her clothes on. (Underwear role) Bright, sexy, bubbling personality.
- Mrs. Carlson (45-55) Club manager. Straight-laced, severe woman, preaches the evils of sex and adultery. Dominant, bossy, efficient, yet rather likeable.
- Wilson (60+) Club handyman. Total and complete hypochondriac. Endearing character, lights up the stage with every entrance. Likeable, funny, with a great sense of humor.
- D.L. Hutchison (45-50) New president of the Ashley Maureen Cosmetics Corporation. Bright, smart, self-assured, with a “take-charge” nature. The “straight man” of the plot. (Underwear role) Smart, attractive, efficient and personable.
- Karly McGachen (40ish) Wife of husband, David, strong character. Tries to make husband jealous by making a play for the reluctant Wilson. Determined and calculating, yet with a tender side.
- Laura Baker (30-40) Wife of husband, John. Simple soul who just wants to love and be loved by her husband. Never quite understands what’s going on. Cries at the drop of a hat, spends much of her time on stage in tears. Tender, loving, naïve.